How to Fix Quicken Download Error 102 While Updating Account?
Quicken download error 102 happens you are using the Quicken account. The error can happen during updating, printing from the Quicken, add account, sync, launch, open and so on. When your system gets affected by the error, you may see the following messages:
- Error: 102 Add
- Error: 102 Connect
Quicken is the best finance and account management software, it can handle all your daily chores related to finance. It comes with advance features that make it appropriate software for the users. But when users got an error in it, this makes them unable to use the software. There are some reasons because of which error 102 occurs, and here in this blog, you will going to get complete knowledge about the software. Here you will also find the solutions to get rid of it, but before knowing the solutions for the error you should know about the causes of it.
Causes of Quicken download Error 102
The error caused when the selected back in unavailable.
- When users change its sign-in information.
- If credentials are not correct.
- Due to the attack of any virus or malware.
After knowing about the causes of the 102 error, now you can proceed to know the solutions.
Solutions to Fix Error 102 in Quicken
Solution 1: Use the Go to bank feature
- Open Quicken
- Choose the Accounts Menu
- Then click on New
- And select the account you want to create
- Next, you have to choose your bank from the list
- Click Continue
- If you get the error again, click Go to Bank
- At your bank’s website try to log in
The go-to the transactions in one of the accounts you are trying to add.
The feature may resolve the error, but if you continue finding it then you can contact the experts to solve it. As quicken experts are well trained and they have the years of the experience in solving errors of quicken.
Solution 2: Basic troubleshooting steps
- Check if the Windows Updates are installed.
- Check if the internet is working fine and running on the high speed.
- Ensure that the hard drive has enough space for further update or installation.
- Make sure that your RAM usage is low and it has enough space for the application to perform.
- Uninstall the security app if you have any.
- Check if the Security software is updated.
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Windows that support the software.
- If you have any third-party app, delete them.
- Do the proper scanning of the whole computer, to check if there is any virus or malware.
Solution 3: Run the troubleshooter
Open the Control Panel on your computer and try to run the in-build troubleshooter software. It will detect the issues in your computer within each file and software and will tell you about the error. Troubleshooter helps in solving the error after the detection, and when the process of solving error is done, then you will be able to reuse your Quicken.
When you cannot sign-in to your bank’s website?
When you click on the Go to Bank feature, and at that time you couldn’t sign in from the website, it means that your website is unavailable for a short time. You can wait for a few hours to one day before trying again. However, the next thing to do is to try bank names similar to yours, this would be necessary if the two accounts you usually access from the same website are available under the different names.
For example, from the USAA website, you can locate your USAAA checking and mortgage accounts listed together. However, from within quicken, you may require to:
- Select USAA Bank to add your checking account.
- Select USAA Mortgage to add your mortgage account.
Below, we have mentioned the ways on how you can find the bank names similar to the one you have selected last.
- Close the browser window that includes your bank’s section.
- Back in Quicken click ‘NO, maybe I chose the wrong bank name’ option.
- If you see another variation on your bank’s name, click on it. Now try to sign-in again with the correct bank’s name.
If you see that none of the solutions above is working for your Quicken in solving the error 102, then you can go with this last option. Try contacting quicken expert, because they after trained and have skills, that can help your system in coming out from Quicken download error 102.