You can use the Quicken Converter only when you are migrated from a Quicken version that is NOT a parallel version of your QuickBooks like Quicken 2016 to QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2019 Desktop. You may also skip using the Quicken Converter and convert directly to QuickBooks with using the Converter Utility. Moreover, you can also opt for Quicken Phone Support to avail reliable and logical answer of this converting files topic. We have highly educated tech-geeks who work specially to proffer cost-effective remedy.
There are two options in your hand through which you can Convert Quicken File to QuickBooks. And the procedures of both of them are mentioned in this blog. You only need to do is to go through the content carefully and hassle-freely transfer your data from Quicken account to QuickBooks.
Things to consider before converting from Quicken to QuickBooks
- QuickBooks does direct conversion exclusively on Quicken Windows files. As a result, users of Quicken for Mac must first convert to a Quicken for Windows file before converting to QuickBooks 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018.
- Prepare a cut-off file before you begin converting your Quicken data.
- Ascertain that Quicken is free of any superfluous categories, accounts, and classes.
- A Quicken for DOS 1-4 file cannot be converted to a QuickBooks for Windows file. You need to update our Quicken file to the latest version.
- It is possible to convert files from earlier versions of Quicken. However, converting from any Quicken for Windows version older than Quicken 2010 may result in data file problems.
In Which Situations you can use Quicken converter
If you have a fresh file, you can start the conversion process. This way it would be simpler and no difficulties would come up associated with converting Quicken data to QuickBooks.
If you have a QuickBooks Desktop, you may convert straight to QuickBooks utilizing the Conversion Utility. Examples include Quicken 2019 to QuickBooks Pro, or to Premier, or to the version Enterprise 2019.
Steps to Convert Quicken Files to QuickBooks
Use the Quicken Converter to Convert Quicken File
Before using this tool, make sure no other version of Quicken software is installed in your PC. If it is so, uninstall it from your computer immediately and then download the right one given below:
1- Download those version of converter tool which matches the year version of your QuickBooks Desktop
2- Now, install and Convert: Follow the below points
- Launch the downloaded Quicken Converter, and then press “Next”
- Press a tick-mark on the checkbox ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’ to accept the terms and conditions, and then click “Next” button
- To begin the installation of the Quicken Converter, select “Next”, and then click Install
- Select Launch Quicken Converter, then Finish
- Choose I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows, and then select Get Started
- Open a data file located on this computer, and then Select “File”
- Browse to select your Quicken file (.QDF) file and press “OK”
- Select “Convert it” and then hit “OK”
- To save your new Quicken Data File, select Save, then select “Exit”
Once your file is upgraded to a compatible version of Quicken, you can now start converting. One more method is there to make conversion of your file or data. To know about that, follow the below points:
Use the Conversion Utility Convert Quicken File to QuickBooks
Convert your Quicken file using the Conversion Utility in QuickBooks Desktop with the help of noted steps:
- First of all open QuickBooks
- After that go to ” Files” menu option from the top menu bar
- And then go to Utilities > Convert, and then opt for Quicken
- Select the Quicken file (.QDF) that whichever you want to covert
- The Conversion Utility will guide you in detail when you press F1
Once you go through the above noted instructions carefully, you can convert the Quicken File to the QuickBooks. But if still getting failed in doing conversion, then undoubtedly call at Quicken Technical Support Number. Your call will be answered by the techies who are proficient enough to cope-up all the technically related glitches.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Convert Quicken File To QuickBooks
Both Quicken and QuickBooks are amazing Softwares for accounting related aspects and usage in both the professional and business world. Quicken can solve even personal finances as well. Below are some of the Frequently Asked Questions about “Convert Quicken File To QuickBooks” that can help you in converting your Quicken File Data to the QuickBooks Software.
Can Quicken Files Be Converted To QuickBooks?
Yes, you can convert the Quicken Files to the QuickBooks Software but first, you need to convert the Quicken Files to the QuickBooks Desktop format. Without converting the same, you won’t be able to convert it to the QuickBooks software. And besides this, another thing which is very important is that you must ensure that you are having the updated versions of both the Quicken and QuickBooks software installed in the system. Updating only one out of the both won’t work until and unless both the Quicken and QuickBooks software are updated and installed in the system.
Can I Open A Quicken File In QuickBooks?
Yes, you can open a Quicken File in QuickBooks Software but first you need to convert the Quicken File for use in QuickBooks. The QuickBooks basically provides a free to use conversion tool which can be used for converting the Quicken file so that it can get opened over the QuickBooks software, and apart from this, Quicken also provides the same sort of feature named as Quicken Converter which can also be used for converting the Quicken file in QuickBooks format.
How Do I Import Quicken Transactions Into QuickBooks?
For importing the Quicken transaction into the QuickBooks software, you first need to convert all your Quicken Data into .CSV File Format, then only you can import your Quicken Data into QuickBooks. One thing that you need to assure is to set-up the rules for online banking transactions once they have been imported to your bank account associate with the payee and categories in QuickBooks Online.
Can I import a QFX file into QuickBooks?
Yes, you can import a QFX File into the QuickBooks Software. Just follow these below steps-
- Login To QuickBooks
- Select the account you want to import your data into
- Then Click FILE UPLOAD Option
- After that Click BROWSE Option
- Select QFX File and Click OPEN
- Then Click on NEXT Option
- Review : File Name; Account ID; Account Type; Data Range
- Select QUICKBOOKS Account and Click NEXT
- After that LET’S GO Option
- Click REVIEW
Follow these steps and the Import of QFX File into QuickBooks is done.
Which is better – Quicken or QuickBooks?
When it comes to the business world, QuickBooks is always better than the Quicken Software because QuickBooks basically is one of the best tool for accounting related activities of Small-Scale Business Firms, and on the other hand, Quicken is majorly used for tracking the personal level finances. Quicken does not consider the accounting for rental houses and very simple businesses. In terms of setting up both of them in the devices, the QuickBooks set-up far easier as compared to Quicken.
Can I import a .QIF file into QuickBooks?
Yes, you can import any QIF File into your QuickBooks software very easily. If you are also using the Quicken Software 2004 or earlier then you can easily import your Quicken .QIF Files over the QuickBooks Software. For doing so, just follow these basic steps –
- In the first step, you need to take make a note of the location where your .QIF File is stored in your system.
- Next step required you to open your QuickBooks software
- After opening QuickBooks software, click on the FILE menu option.
- Click on the IMPORT Option
- Select the CONVERT FROM QUICKEN Option and then one Convert A Quicken File labelled pop-up window will open.
- At last Click on the .QIF File and then click on OPEN Option
The Quicken .QIF File will get imported to your QuickBooks Software.
Can I Import Quicken Data Into QuickBooks Online?
The import of Quicken Data into the QuickBooks software online is completely doable but, firstly you need to convert your Quicken data to the QuickBooks Desktop file format and then after just convert the same file into the QuickBooks online. Conversion of the same is completely depends on your Quicken Software version. Just use the QuickBooks file conversion tool or the Quicken Conversion tool before importing the file to make it a QuickBooks compatible file format and then import the same over the QuickBooks online software.
How do I convert a Quicken backup to QuickBooks?
Converting the Quicken Backup to the QuickBooks Software is a very easy and short process. You just need to follow the same to convert your Quicken Backup data to the QuickBooks –
- Open the Quicken Software
- After that click on the File Option
- In the next step, click on the Backup and Restore option and then click CTRL + B to create a backup of your Quicken File.
- click BACKUP NOW
- Open QuickBooks
- Now click on the FILE Menu option
- Then click on the Utilities option
- Click on CONVERT > From Quicken
- Click SAVE
This will ensure that your Quicken Backup data has been converted to the QuickBooks.
How Do I Convert a .QFX File To .QBO?
Converting the .QFX File into to the .QBO File format is a very easy process. Below are some of the techniques for your get go –
- Open your QuickBooks software
- Now click on the File Menu option
- After that click on the BROWSE
- Reach to the folder which is containing the .QFX File in your system
- Click on the .QFX file and then click on the OPEN Option
- Next click on the Converter Tab
- Select the .QBO Option
- At last click SAVE
When you select the .QBO Option, the file conversion process will begin and after it gets completed, you just need to click on the SAVE Option and your .QFX file will get converted to the .QBO File Format.
How do I convert a QIF file to QuickBooks?
- First and foremost, you need to take make a note of the location where your .QIF File is stored in your system.
- In the next step required you to open your QuickBooks software
- After opening QuickBooks software, click on the FILE menu option.
- Afterwards Click on the IMPORT Option appearing on the screen.
- Select the CONVERT FROM QUICKEN Option and then one Convert A Quicken File labeled pop-up window will open.
- Click on the .QIF File and then click on OPEN Option
After opening the file, just click on the save tab and your QIF File will get converted into the QuickBooks Software.
How Do I Open A .QDF File In Quicken?
.QDF File or Quicken Data File can be opened in the Quicken Software very easily. The .QDF Format is basically been used for storing the primary data files generated by Quicken Personal Finance software. To open these files over the Quicken Platform, just follow these steps –
- Launch the Quicken Software in your system.
- Open the FILE Menu Option and then the list of the files stored will appear.
- Select the .QDF file that you want to open over the Quicken software. You can also search the file by mentioning the file name in the search box. Make sure that you type the correct file name otherwise you won’t be able to find it.
- After selecting or searching the file, click on the OPEN Tab.
Another way of doing the same is by giving a right click over the .QDF file that you want to open in the Quicken software. Click on the Open With option and then click on the Quicken Software. Your .QDF file will get open over the Quicken.
How Do I Convert Quicken To QuickBooks Desktop?
Here are the underlying steps that you need to follow to convert the Quicken to the QuickBooks Desktop software –
- Launch the QuickBooks software over your desktop.
- After opening the software, just click on the FILE Menu Option
- In the next step, you need to select the Utilities Option
- Afterward Click on the CONVERT option
- Then you need to click on the Quicken Option
- Now select the Quicken .QDF File
- Click on the OPEN Tab
Your Quicken file will get converted to QuickBooks Desktop.
Note – You cannot convert your Quicken for DOS 1 – 4 file into the QuickBooks.
Can Quicken Files Be Converted To QuickBooks?
Yes, for sure you can convert the Quicken Files to the QuickBooks Software very easily and efficiently but, first and the foremost thing that you need to do is to convert the Quicken Files to the QuickBooks Desktop format. Without converting the same, you won’t be able to convert it to the QuickBooks software. And besides this, another thing which is very important is that you must ensure that you are having the updated versions of both the Quicken and QuickBooks software installed in the system. Updating only one out of both won’t work until and unless both the Quicken and QuickBooks software are updated and installed in the system. You can use the available QuickBooks file converter tool or the Quicken Converter tool.