Are you facing Quicken Error CC-581? The error occurs in Quicken when users try to update the software. It is a temporary error from the quicken server and can be easily solved with the help of simple steps. You can either take Quicken technicians help to solve the error, or can follow our 3-step guide to fix it at home.
The error can cause due to any reasons, it is clear that it comes when you update your Quicken, but why it comes, it is not clear to you. Hence, before fixing the issue it is important for you to first know about its causes. Because if you know about the reasons behind the issue, then it will easier for you to fix it. So, let’s discuss the causes:
Cause of Quicken Error CC-581
- When Quicken server is temporarily unavailable.
- If your Quicken is not updated.
- Refresh your online account information.
- Maybe the Quicken files got damaged because of any virus or malware.
Now you know the common causes behind the CC-581 error in Quicken. Therefore, you can easily fix it with our amazing and easy steps. We have mentioned 3 steps guide, below, and it will help you in fixing the issue.
Till the error is not solved you will be unable to use Quicken, hence to download the transaction manually and upload it into the Quicken, follow the below instructions.
- Open the bank’s website and log in.
- Now go to the download page and click download to Quicken.
- Next, you need to follow the on-screen instructions. This will update your bank account quickly without any trouble.
Now it is the time to solve CC-581 error in your Quicken, check out the solution below.
Simple Steps to Fix Quicken Error CC-581
The steps you will find in this guide can be suitably performed but the users at home. While solving the error you won’t need expert help, if you follow the below guide.
Step 1: Ensure you have the latest Quicken version
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help > Check for updates
- Now here check if there is any new update that you have missed. If your quicken is not up-to-date, you will get the notification on the screen.
- Click Yes to install the latest version.
- The installation process may take some time, till then don’t turn off your computer or the process.
Step 2: Refresh Online Banking Information
In the next step you can install and refresh the online banking information, see how:
- Go to that particular account from the Account Bar that contains errors.
- Now click the ride side gear icon with downwards arrow or Crtl+Shift+N.
- Click on the Update now, or you can press Ctrl+Atl+U on the keyboard.
- Now make a checkbox and type password on the particular account.
- Click on Update Now.
- Now you will see the One Step Update Summary status.
- If the Quicken account already updates then it is great, otherwise you have to update it.
If still you are getting Quicken Error CC-581, then proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Deactivate and Reactivate account
Now here is the third step you need to deactivate and reactivate the account that is causing trouble.
So first deactivate the account and then reactive it.
Deactivate the account:
- Open your Quicken.
- Go to Tools > Account List (Ctrl + A).
- Click on Edit for the account that has an error code.
- Now select Online Service and click Deactivate.
- Choose Yes to confirm.
- Next, go to Files > File Operations.
- Then click Validate and Repair.
- Once the Validation has been completed, you will get to know about the status of the Quicken file via DATA_LOG.
- If you find any error in the logs, then you will need the help of Quicken technical support.
Reactivate the account
- Go to Tools and click Account List
- Click on Edit for the same account that experience Quicken error CC-581.
- Choose Online Services and click Setup Now…
- Now on the next screen, you will be asked for financial institution logins
- Enter your Username and password, and click Save this password.
- If you are using your system then only choose the above option to save your credentials.
- Now you have to enter Quicken vault password or Quicken ID and Password.
- Click Connect
Note: In the process to reactivate your quicken account, it will bring out your bank information. But make sure to LINK it and do not add it again.
- Click Next and then Finish to complete the process.
After performing the above steps you will no longer face the issues in Quicken. But still, after performing all the steps of our guide, you are facing Quicken Error CC-581 yet, then you can contact Quicken technical support for the help.