Quicken has built a strong reputation worldwide due to the features it offers. That is why Quicken is recommended by some of the top financial experts and accountants across the world. However, several instances have been reported where Quicken faces incompatibility issues, making the user uninstall and install Quicken again. There is no harm in uninstalling to reinstalling Quicken, but it costs you the time and effort in doing this activity.
If you have tried all the measures to fix the error and as a last resort, you need to uninstall/reinstall this finance management software, this guide has got you covered. You will learn the best possible practical steps to uninstall, reinstall Quicken, as well as how to tackle the situation if your Quicken doesn’t support you during the task.
Measures to be taken before uninstalling/installing Quicken
Quicken carries your essential financial information, and you don’t want to lose it. Before uninstalling Quicken, you must create a backup of your data. Although, Quicken data will remain safe at its current location but creating a backup is the safest option.
Besides, you don’t have to uninstall Quicken for the sake of installing the latest release. Instead, to obtain the new Quicken version, you can simply go to the Quicken website and download the latest version patch. Install it on your system using the on-screen instructions. You can also do it via an installation disk. Head over to the last section to learn the step-by-step installation method.
What compels you to uninstall or reinstall Quicken?
Nobody wants to waste time on uninstalling Quicken or any other software. It’s something which compels you to do that, maybe an unresolved error, Quicken causing trouble, or the finance software getting stuck/freeze frequently. Here are the key reasons that force you to uninstall Quicken.
- Quicken is not compatible with your Windows version.
- Some error in Quicken remains unresolved, and as a last resort, you want to uninstall Quicken.
- You have not installed Quicken properly. It requires you to install Quickenusing the QCleanUI utility. (The last step explains the process in detail)
Instructions to uninstall Quicken for Windows version 10, 8 & 7
You might be running a different Windows version. Pick the set of instructions that suits your need.
Uninstallation Instructions for Windows 10
- 1.Firstly, you will have to click the start button or the Windows icon.
- Now select Control Panel from the list.
- If you don’t find it here, go to the Windows system folder and then select Control Panel.
- Now visit the programs menu.
- Click the option programs and features.
- Select uninstall a program.
- Scroll the list, locate Quicken, click over it. (If you can’t find Quicken here, then visit the last step to learn how to fix the issue using the QCleanUI utility tool).
- Now hit the uninstall option from the top of the menu bar.
- Keep following the instructions to uninstall the software from your computer.
Uninstallation Instructions for Windows 7
- Right-click on the Start or Windows icon on your computer.
- Select Run from the list.
- Once the run dialogue box opens, type Control Panel and hit enter.
- In the Control Panel screen, click programs.
- Scroll the list, highlight Quickenby clicking over it.
- Click uninstall from the top menu bar.
- Click yes on the confirmation screen.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall Quicken from Windows 7.
Instructions to install Quicken or reinstall Quicken for Windows
Once you have uninstalled Quicken, the next step is to reinstall it using an installing disk or the Quicken support website. Before you begin, ensure to have the Quicken ID and password with you.
Install Quicken from quicken.com
- Ensure that your computer connects to the internet.
- Browse website www.quicken.com and hit enter.
- Once you land on the Quicken home website, click on the sign-in button, and select my account.
- Now you will have to enter your Quicken ID and password and click sign-in.
- After following the on-screen instructions, your personal Quicken portal will appear.
- Now under my account menu, go to the plan details section.
- Now under the download section, click download for Windows.
- You will receive the Quicken.exe file on your computer.
- Double click over the file to launch the install wizard and click let’s go.
- Select the option Install now.
- Once the process completes, click done to launch Quicken on your computer.
- Now enter your quick and ID and password. You will receive a verification code on registered information.
Install Quicken using an installation disk
As the digital copy of Quicken is not available on Amazon or any other online platform. However, you can still buy the physical installation disk from amazon. Once purchased, here is what you have to do.
- Insert the Quicken installation disk in your computer.
- The files in the disk open automatically, or you can manually open them from file explorer.
- Go to the My PCmenu, double-click on the disk icon, and click Let’s go.
- Now click the Install now button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and click done once the process completes.
What to do if you can not uninstall, install, or reinstall Quicken?
If you cannot uninstall or install Quicken, there are possibilities that Quicken is not correctly installed. You can download and use the QCleanUI utility tool to reinstall Quicken.
- You will need to navigate to add or remove the program in the Control Panel menu.
- Create a new folder on your desktop.
- Download and save the MSICLEAN.exefile on your computer (visit quicken.com to download the file).
- In the same new folder, download and save the QClean.exe file.
- Now double-click the QClean.exe file to open the Quicken cleaner.
- Click Clear all, and once done, click Quit.
Great! You have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken. While using Quicken clean tool, you will have to be patient as the process might take some time to complete. After you reinstall Quicken, a new screen might appear, prompting you to select the data file. If you have an existing data file, click Open a data file located on this computer and click get started.
Need help? Quicken experts for your assistance
Hopefully, you understood all the steps and reinstalled Quicken on your system. If still, you face any challenge to uninstall or install Quicken, you can contact the Quicken experts. Our knowledgeable team is always ready to assist. Contact us today.