When attempting to open your data file in Quicken, you may receive the error message “Quicken Can’t open data file” because it is in use by some other application”. After getting this error, you might have checked the device manager as well as the files and you cannot see any third party applications are being used. But yet experiencing the same issue or unable to open data file in Quicken account. Don’t feel depressed! Just try to avail Quicken Chat Support by sitting at your home. Our dexterous engineer will let you know the desired effective solution at any cost.
What Quicken Software do?
Quicken is very flexible and can handle not only your personal finances but also the finances for your small business. There is no need of different other software products for these other projects; instead, quicken can create a new data file specifically for each additional project, keeping the information from each separately. However, you can have many Quicken data files as many as you would like to access. And the best part is all the files are being created in the same software. You can even find your Quicken data file on your hard drive.
Fix Quicken Can’t Open Data File Issue
To fix this issue, you need to reboot your computer as the Quicken program may be “stuck” while attempting to open your data file. If that does not exterminate the problem, proceed to the below-listed steps based on your operating system.
For Windows 10 Users
Simply follow the below given instructions
- First you should make sure that the folders on your system are not hidden. Check this by following the given steps:
- Give a right click on the Windows Start button, and then select File Explorer
- Click the View tab
- Under Show/hide section, check the box for Hidden items
- Next, you have to delete three folders: CONFIG, DATA & LOG. These folders and the content inside the folders are all in the same location and will be recreated automatically when necessary. Do it by the given listed method:
- Navigate to: Windows 10: Local Disk (C:) > Users > (User Name) > Appdata >Roaming > Intuit > Quicken
- Right-click on CONFIG and select Delete. In case the system says that if you are sure, click ‘Yes’ to confirm
- Repeat this same process for the DATA and LOG folders
- And then re-open Quicken
For Windows 7 Users
- First, you should ensure that the folders on your system are not hidden. Check it with the following steps:
- Right-click on the Windows Start button, and go for Explore
- Select the Organize menu, and then Folder and choose ‘Search’ Option
- Click the View tab and opt for Show hidden files and folders located under Files and Folders > Hidden Files and folders
- At the end click ‘OK’
- Next, you should delete 3 folders: CONFIG, DATA & LOG. These folders and the content within the folders are all in the same location and will be recreated automatically when required. Delete the folders be performing the below tasks:
- Navigate to: Local Disk (C:) > Users > (User Name) > Appdata >Roaming > Intuit > Quicken
- Right-click on CONFIG and select Delete. If the system asks that you are sure, click ‘Yes’
- Repeat the same process for deleting the DATA and LOG folders
- Re-open Quicken
vIf you carefully follow the above written procedures. you will surely be able to open the data file in your Quicken account. But if still encountering the same problem while opening the data file, you need to contact Quicken Customer Service and stay tuned with the deft tech-geeks. They will proffer you reliable assistance at your door-step within your budget.