If you want to reduce the paperwork for managing the finances, then Quicken is the best software for this specific job. Therefore, get Quicken downloaded now and take control of your finances hands-freely. But it is also necessary to make the account update at least once a month to avoid any gaps in your transaction history. So, when you attempt to perform an update of your bank’s account using Quicken Online Services, there is a high chance of experiencing Quicken Error Ol-392-A. It generally occurs if the respective account has not been updated for a long time like more than 3-months. Not updating an account in Quicken is the root cause of the error OL-392-A. In order to smoothly annihilate it, you simply have to read the post. Let’s do it!
Steps to Troubleshoot Quicken Error Ol-392-A
Go through the instructions provided underneath to make the Quicken Error Ol-392-Afix in the blink of an eye. Let’s start following them one-by-one:
Step 1: Reset Your Account For Downloaded Transactions
Here is what you should do to resolve such an error:
- First go to the Tools menu and select “Online Center”
- Next, in the “Online Center” click “Contact Info” by pressing and holding the Ctrl key
- Doing this “Refresh Online Transaction Information” window will appear on the screen. On that window, you need to choose the account you are having problems downloading a full range of transactions
- And then give a click on the “Reset DTSTART” button
- Warning: Using this function resets Quicken list of last downloaded transactions. This means that after this button is reset, it is possible you will download several duplicate transactions
- Choose the earliest date of a transaction you are missing and click “OK”
- Click on the “Refresh” button
- Attempt to download again
If yet the Quicken Error Ol-392-A continues appearing, use the next step to solve the problem.
Step 2: Update Quicken To The Latest Release
If your Quicken is outdated, make it update instantly first and then try to download transactions from online services. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open Quicken Software on your Windows
- Go to “Help” menu and then select “Check For Updates” option
- If an update is available, click “Yes” to confirm and begin the updating process
Once it is confirmed that Quicken is running to the latest release, you may not again encounter Quicken Error Ol-392-A when using online services to download information from financial institution. But if yet the same exists, continue to the next step.
Step 3: If An Update Did Not Download All The Past Days Of Transactions
If you go ahead with the one-step update and unable to download some days/months of information, you can do one thing that is to export and import information to keep your register updated. Here is what you have to do for that:
Deactivate The Online Services
- Go to Tools > Account List (Ctrl+A)
- Click on “Edit” for the account you want to change the connection type
- Select the “Online Services” tab
- Click on “Deactivate” button
- Finally tap “OK” to complete the deactivation process
Visit Your Bank Website
When you export the information you first need to sing-in to your bank website and then go to the download section. After that, you have to customize a period to export your bank transactions. .QXF is a format to export your data in order to access it in Quicken. Once you successfully exported Web connect (.QXF) data, do the following:
- Open Quicken
- Go to File > File Import > Web Connect (.QFX) File…
- Then browse a location to import .QXF data
- Click Open
- Now click on “Use an Existing Quicken Account” from the given list. Doing this will help you to import your data into an existing account
Once the exporting and importing process gets done, you can see all the missing days/months of transactions in your registered account or under downloaded transactions section.
Contact To Dexterous Techies For More Info
If the Quicken Error Ol-392-A still exists even though appropriately complete the above-mentioned instructions, then don’t worry! There is a technical squad for your help. Make a direct connection to them via dialing helpline number or visit Quicken.com/support. In a short span of time your problem will be reslved from the root when you contact deft connoisseurs.