Quicken Error OL-304-A: Your financial institution doesn’t recognize the account.
If you are looking to fix this error code OL-304-A in Quicken then you have landed on the right page. You could encounter this error message while using online services in Quicken software.
Although it’s a very common problem and can be resolved by yourself using some quick fixes.
Reason for Quicken Error OL-304-A
Before moving further you should know the exact reasons behind Quicken Error OL-304-A, let’s dive into the facts:
- The primary reason is you have not setup your account properly in Quicken software.
- Another reason is your financial institution has not authorized your Quicken account for online services.
- Or your bank account has been deactivated but the Quicken account is still active.
- You might not be using an updated Quicken Software which can propel the Quicken error code OL-304-A.
- The last one could be your account is changed by the bank.
Above are the most common reasons for OL-304-A error quicken, read the sections below to get rid of this annoying issue.
Quick fixes for Quicken error OL-304-A
Step 1. Basic Troubleshooting
- Ensure you have updated your windows, sometimes new Quicken software doesn’t work well with outdated windows.
- At times, some antivirus security software or firewall settings could hamper the Quicken operations. Uninstall the software and relaunch Quicken.
- Make sure internet connectivity is strong.
- Your system should have sufficient RAM to support Quicken software.
If these methods solve Quicken Error OL-304-A, then there is no need for further troubleshooting. Else move further to step 2.
Step 2. Update Quicken
You should always use the updated Quicken software as the company releases many bug fixes in the new version:
- Firstly, open the Quicken software on your computer.
- Now navigate to the help section in Quicken software.
- Further from the drop-down list click “Check for Updates”.
- Click “Yes” to install, if any update is available.
Alternatively, if you do not see the “Check for Updates” tab then follow the one-step update method given below.
- In your Quicken software, click on “Tools”.
- Now you need to click on “One Step Update”.
- Further press the “Update Now” tab.
- Thereafter Quicken will display the update available, now click “Download Update”.
Step 3. Contact your bank to Activate Online Services
Case 1. At times, the Quicken error OL-304-A could also occur if online services for your account are not activated by your bank.
You need to contact your bank for online service activation for particular services such as bill payment, downloading transaction statements.
Case 2. Another reason for Quicken error OL-304-A is if you have closed your account in your financial institution but the account is still active in Quicken.
In both cases, you will have to deactivate and then reactivate the online services for your account. The steps are described below.
Tip: If you have intentionally deactivated your account or credit card and do not want to reactivate then stop the troubleshooting after step 3.
Step 4. Deactivate Online services for your Account
You will have to ignore the Quicken error OL-304-A for quite some time and follow the below deactivation process:
- Firstly, you need to accept all the downloaded transactions in Quicken account register.
- Then click “Tools” on your Quicken dashboard.
- Now click “Account List”.
- Further, a list of accounts will open and click “Edit”, next to the account facing OL-304-A.
- Thereafter click on the “Online Services” tab in the “Account Details” window.
- Now under the online setup category, click “Deactivate” and then click “Ok”.
Step 5. Reactivation Online Services for your Account
- You need to again click “Tools”.
- Now click on the “Account List”.
- Further, you will have select the deactivated account and click “Edit”.
- Now in the Account details window click the “Online Services” tab.
- Thereafter click “Set up Now” under Online setup.
- Now you need to enter the name of your financial instruction and then click “Next”.
- Enter the login credentials of your bank and then click “Connect”.
- Further now Quicken will scan for the accounts for login details provided and will show a Link. Now you can choose the LINK displayed.
- Finally, click “Update Now” in Account Actions sections for refreshing your online setup information.
Now restart the Quicken and this will solve the Quicken error code OL-304-A.
These troubleshooting steps will solve the Quicken error OL-304-A, as this problem is more related to the incorrect setup of your account in Quicken software. If you have intentionally closed your account then you can leave the troubleshooting after Step 4 (Deactivation). If you want to restart the online services for your account then proceed until the last step.