When it comes to using accounting software, the first name that comes to our mind is Quicken. Quicken 2020 is the newest update in the market. It is known to provide many additional features which were never found in any of the accounting software before and this is why it makes the business owners move towards the Quicken upgrade. In this article, you will find the complete steps along with all the necessary information to stop the Quicken upgrade popup. It is a major market domain of North America though the software is sold in the markets of many countries including the United States and Canada. Quicken is in 50-50 partnerships with Asia One and provides e-Finance services for small to medium personal business users.
What is Quicken Upgrade, Update, and Version?
Upgrading to a new version of Quicken means the newer version of the same software launched in the market, and you need to pay for that if you want to purchase. For instance, if you are using the Quicken 2019 Deluxe version and you want to purchase the Quicken 2020 deluxe means you are upgraded to a newer version. In this process, you are replacing the current software with the newer version.
An update can also be called a release or patch. It is known to improve functionality and fix any known bugs. You can get the update from the Quicken website, free of cost.
It is a full version of the software that you have purchased and installed on your system. For instance, the Quicken for Windows Premier is a version of Quicken software.
Steps for Updating Quicken for Windows
When you are ready to update your Quicken software for windows, you have downloaded the updates from the server and installed them on your PC.
Check for Updates
When you download the bank transactions while using the software, it will automatically check for the latest version of the software. If you are not using the latest version of the software it will immediately notify you to update your software for the latest version. Follow the below-written steps to upgrade to the latest version of the Quicken software.
- First of all, go to the Help and click on the Check Updates options. If this option is not available on your screen, use the One Step Update method below.
- If it shows the update available, immediately a message will pop up on the screen to upgrade to a new version of Quicken.
- Now click Yes to install the update.
Update Your Software Through One Step Update
If the normal way to update the software doesn’t show any update, you need to go through the One Step Update. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Select the Tools options on your screen and then tap on One Step Update.
- Now click on the Update Now option.
- If you find the update available, the Quicken software will popup a message and a link regarding the update and also show a button on the right side of the message to download the update.
- Do You Need to Uninstall the files of the Older Version?
- When you are downloading the newer version of Quicken, don’t need to worry about installing the previous version. At the time of installing the newer version of or upgrading your Quicken software, it will automatically uninstall the previous version of your software before installing the latest version.
How to Prepare Files Before the Upgrade to a New Version of Quicken?
Take a backup of your field and then prepare the files for the upgrade to a new version of quicken.
Follow the Below Steps:
- To Remove the Password of your Data File
- Go to the Files option then click to Set Password.
- Select the option named “Use This Data File Without a Password”.
- Enter your current password and tap OK.
Validate Your Files for Windows in Quicken
- Click the File option from the menu.
- Now click on the File Operations and then tap on Validate & Repair.
- Tick the checkbox near the Validate File option then tap on OK.
Steps to Upgrade to a New Version of Quicken
- If you have purchased the Quicken software from its official website, quicken.com you can reinstall it just by login into your account.
- To upgrade to a new version of Quicken visit the quicken.com official website and then click on the sign-in option and then tap on the My Account option.
- Here you will require to enter your Quicken ID and Password.
- After providing the details, you will be able to log in to your account.
- After that, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to enter into your customer portal.
- Now click on the option named Download for windows and the download process begins.
- Once it is downloaded, click on Let’s go and then Install Now.
- Now enter your Quicken ID and Password.
- You will receive a six-digit password on your registered information.
- Then follow the screen instruction.
When you have purchased the CD through amazon.com or anywhere else, you need to insert the CD into the CD drive and start the installation process.
- Open the file explorer or press Ctrl+E.
- Now go to This PC option and then tap on the CD drive.
- Click on let’s go and Install Now the process of installation will begin.
- It will take some time.
- After the installation completes, click on Done.
- Follow the instructions on the screen now.
Why Do You Need To Stop Quicken Upgrade Popup?
You might have wondered why you need to stop the Quicken upgrade popup. If you do so, here are a few reasons to make you convince for Quicken upgrade:
- Accessibility of 11k+ online billers
- You can download the bills in PDF format
- Opt for so many new features without any hassle
- Get the option to direct excel export and customer report layout
- Move and archive instruments transaction feature in Deluxe and above category
- Backup up to 5Gb along with security assurance online for your files.
- Better performance analysis.
- Manage your money from anywhere with Quicken on the web.
When you go from one version to another, it is called an upgrade. It comes with a package of amazing features to make your business experience better than ever. We hope that this article has provided you with all the necessary information to upgrade to a new version of Quicken. If you have further issues, feel free to contact our team.