Are you one of those who are confronting duplicate transaction problems? Aren’t you capable of fixing such problems on your own? Don’t worry at all! It is without a doubt one of the common problems that you should fix such troubles on a priority basis.
What Exactly Duplicate Transaction Is?
Duplicate transaction in quicken is a kind of problem when a merchant accidentally charged several times for a single purchase. Therefore, it becomes vital to resolve such kind of hurdles and problems completely from the root.
What The Reasons Are For Duplicate Transactions Problems In Quicken?
Before starting with fixing the duplicate transaction problem, it is essential to be aware of the reasons. Once you analyze the root cause, fixing such hurdles become very easy.
Have a look at the possible reasons:
- Reactivated or deactivated Quicken account can be a common reason.
- The format of FITID (Financial Institution Transaction ID), especially in a direct connect account has been changed.
Possible Ways To Resolve Duplicate Transaction In Quicken On Mac/ Windows
Step 1: Add Downloaded ID Column:
- On your very first step, you should open Quicken.
- On the top right corner, click on ‘Register Column’.
- Click on the ‘Downloaded ID’ option and then ‘Done’.
Here, you will come to know about the downloaded transactions and not downloaded transactions.
Step 2: Deactivate and Reactivate:
- Deactivate The Account:
- Open the ‘Tools’ option and then go to the ‘Account List’ option.
- Click on ‘Edit’ and then reach out to ‘Online Services’.
- Opt for the ‘Deactivate’ option and Yes to confirm.
- Click ‘Done’.
- Reactivate The Account:
- Click on the ‘Tools’ option
- Go to ‘Account List’ option
- Click the ‘Edit’ option and then select the ‘Online Services’ option.
- A ‘Set Up Now’ option appears, click on it.
- Next, you should link your bank account.
You should delete duplicate transactions from the register manually if it appears. Further, you should also download
Step 3: Downloaded Transactions Appear For Multiple Times:
- Navigate to account register and seek duplicate transactions.
- You should delete them all by clicking on the ‘Delete’ option.
Step 1: Deactivate/ Reactivate Quicken
- First of all, you should deactivate Quicken account
- After that, reactivate it again and then click on the ‘Link’ option.
- Click the ‘Next’ option and then navigate to the account register.
Delete duplicate transactions manually if you come across duplicate transactions.
Step 2: Check If Your Bank Changed The FITID
- You might come across duplicate transactions in Quicken if your bank changed FITID.
- You should also prevent duplicate transactions in Quicken by updating the FITID.
- Check-in your register after updating FITID and look for duplicate transactions. If so, you should delete all of them manually.
All the above-mentioned methods will resolve all such problems completely from the root. It might be possible that some sorts of problems might appear. For the complete resolution, you should opt for the one-stop backing directly from the experts. Further, you can make use of Quicken Support Phone Number +1-888-817-0312 which helps you to fetch the right kind of guidance.
Besides, if you’re looking forward to getting more information about the same, it is a suggestion to visit our website.
Also Read: How To Move Quicken To New Computer?