Quicken is amazing for handling financial chores, it includes such nice and advanced features that make it user-friendly software. But, sometimes you may face Quicken Error CC-506 and quicken is not able to recognize your quicken account in which all your downloaded information is present. This may stop your quicken to work and hamper your financial maintenance. But why this error occurs?
The reason behind this quicken error cc-506 could be anything, like an account at your financial institution has been closed or your nickname may get changed. However, you don’t need to worry, as you can take help from well-known professionals by dialing Quicken Helpline Number. They will properly guide wipe-out this error and bring quicken back to its running state.
Causes of Quicken error cc-506:
The Error CC-506 usually happens because of the below reason:
- If the Quicken software download is corrupted.
- Due to the corrupted Windows registry
- If your computer and software inside are attacked by any virus or malware.
- If your Quicken files are infected
Symptoms to identify the Quicken cc-506 error –
There are several symptoms by which you can identify the error:
- If the active program is crashed.
- If there is a cc-506 error, it will crash your system.
- Your screen will display “Quicken Error Code CC-506”.
- The PC will start responding late or slowly to keyboard and/or mouse input.
- If the system freezes periodically because of error cc-506.
Try below steps to solve the issues:
Step 1: Update Quicken to its latest released version
- Open Quicken and go to the start menu.
- From the Tools menu, tap on a one-step update.
- If an update is available, then update it via following on-screen information.
- You have to try and update your accounts once again
- If this step fails in solving the error, then move to the next step.
Step 2: Change your account information
- Go for account registration and select the Actions gear icon at the top of your screen or press Ctrl + Shift + N.
- Choose Update Now.
- Pursue on-screen instructions until the update doesn’t complete.
Now, run your accounts again, if the problem still persists, go on with the below procedures:
Step 3: Disable all accounts for quicken and then force it to discover all available accounts:
- For this, in Quicken, open Account List by pressing Ctrl + A.
- At the bottom of this list, select the show hidden accounts checkbox.
- Edit each account with this app.
- Hit the General tab and clear any info displayed in the account/routing number and financial institution fields.
- Close the Account List, when all done.
- Close and then re-open Quicken.
- At the bottom of the account bar, tap on the Add account button.
- Walkthrough this process, until you reached the screen where Quicken shows the accounts discovered at the financial institution.
- Now, very cautiously link each of the found accounts with the suitable account you previously have setup in Quicken.
Step 4: Deactivate the account
This step is essential to stop the future problem or to stop this error to occur again.
- Click on Start menu
- Now select Account List from the Tools
- Next, click on Edit to deactivate the account.
- Open the details dialog box and click on Online Services
- Click on Remove from One step update
- The step will stop downloading the transactions for this particular account.
- Do the same with other accounts that are causing Quicken error cc-506.
Disable or deactivate all the closed accounts from quicken. After trying the above methods, if the problem still remains as same before, then you might consider taking help from the tech-savvy person by making a call at Quicken Customer Care Number.