When there is a poor network connection or the device you are using is not established with the proper internet connection with Quicken, then there is the chance that Quicken Error OL-297-a, OL-296, Ol-295 may occur. Therefore, check the connection settings whether it is finely working or not. You can also use Wi-Fi for high-speed internet. Or if already using a Wi-Fi, then check for the connection and whether your device is connected well with the router. Experts advise users who are facing any error such as Quicken Error CC-501, or Quicken error OL-297-a can take the help of an expert or follow the below steps to resolve the error.
This blog post is also helpful for you. Just read it out carefully and perform the same procedure on your own. After doing so this issue will surely be eradicated from the root and you can access Quicken account without any tension.
Quicken is one of the best financial software that allows the users to undertake efficient management of their financial portfolio. The software also helps towards effective budgeting. However, users can also print quicken checks easily & avoid overwriting issues and folio wastage.
Causes of Quicken Error OL-297-a, OL-296, Ol-295
- Financial institution updated security settings
- Due to using an old version of Quicken
- Maybe there is changes or problems in Firewall, popup blocker, Internet settings
- Quicken or bank server temporary unavailable
Sometimes your Quicken software may stop working due to below error when using online:
Effective Steps to Remove Quicken Error OL-297-a, OL-296, Ol-295
These four possible methods will surely eliminate this error. Here all those four methods are mentioned. You can go through any of them or one by one all these to get rid of such an error code. Take a look at the below-noted points:
Method 1: Update the Settings of Internet Security
To do so, follow the given steps:
- Press the keys Windows + R at the same time and then Run window will pop up
- Type “Control Panel” into the search box and then press OK
- Go to Network and Internet > Internet Options
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Under settings scroll down to the Security section
- Make a check on Use TLS 1.2
- Click Apply and OK to complete the process
Method 2: Check the Date and Time of Your Operating Device
Follow the provided steps to do that:
- Click on the date and time at the bottom right corner and make sure date and time is correct
- To open the Run box, press Windows + R simultaneously
- Type Control Panel in a run box
- Click on Clock and Region
- Select Date and Time
- Click on Change date and time…
- Change the time and date according to your time zone and then hit “OK”
Restart Your Computer
- Click on Window or Start icon
- Select the Power icon and choose to Restart
- Do not disturb your computer until it restarts its own.
Method 3: Reconfigure Your Firewall
Perform the below-given steps incorrect form:
- First of all, make sure “qw.exe” is accessible to the internet
- Now be assured that the firewall is not blocking Quicken to access
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help > Quicken Support
- If you’re redirected to the quicken.com it means the firewall isn’t blocking but in case it’s not redirecting you may need to configure it properly
- You can configure the firewall automatically by using any Anti-Virus protection software
Method 4: Wait For 24 Hours If There Is An Issue With Bank
If none of the above-written methods are working out to remove the error code OL-297-a, OL-296, Ol-295, then don’t wag-off! Wait, till 24 hours and till then remove all the cookies.
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously
- In the Run window type Control Panel and press Ok
- Select Network and Internet option and then click Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy tab and then Advanced
- Make sure that you have clicked on Accept under both First-party and Third-party
- Now click Ok.
After following these above-mentioned steps you won’t face Quicken error ol-297-a, but if still, the Quicken is not working properly, then you can take the help of experts.