How to Fix Quicken Error Code 1310 or 1303?
Quicken error code 1310 or 1303 mainly occur because of the error while installing the software either from the CD or downloading online. As we all know quicken is the best personal accountant that helps in managing all the daily financial chores. Any business or individual can effortlessly use it and avail the benefits of its amazing features. Quicken software is very beneficial especially for small businesses, as it can perform all tasks according to their needs. Whether you want to reconcile your accounts, print checks, or do other things it is always at your service whenever you want.
Note: There are two ways to download Quicken on your computer that are- through CD and by Quicken.com. For downloading using a CD you have to buy it from a retail store. But for doing it online, you can browse the website and follow on-screen instructions.
However, sometimes it may also fail in performing its daily tasks due to an error or so. And if you are facing 1310 or 1303 errors in your Quicken don’t worry it will soon get resolved. You only need to follow the steps mentioned below in this below.
Here in this blog, you will get complete guidance about the causes of the error and how to solve it.
Cause Of Quicken Error Code 1310 Or 1303
However, the error doesn’t have many reasons to appear in your Quicken, as other error series have. But still, few are there, so we have mentioned them down below:
- When a user downloads a corrupted Quicken software folder
- Corrupted windows register
- Malware or virus attack
- When Quicken files are damaged or infected
After knowing the few reasons, you should also know about the symptoms and possible solutions for it. Therefore, read further to get complete information about it.
Symptoms of Error Code 1310 or 1303 in Quicken
When you encounter freezing or crashing of your Quicken software, you can consider it as a symptom of error 1310 or 1303 in Quicken. Other than this, if you are facing this problem with your Quicken, you may also confirm this error by seeing the below symptoms.
- It appears when the active program is crashed
- When running the same application your PC keeps on cashing
- If got an error message on the screen as “Quicken error 1303 or 1310”
- When your PC is running slow and responding late on the mouse and keyword commands
- Computer freezing for seconds is the most common symptom
Let us jump onto the possible solutions for this error.
3 Simple Steps to Fix Quicken Error Code 1310 or 1303
After knowing about the causes and symptoms, you will easily rectify this issue from your Quicken.
Step 1: Create new folders in the program file
- Open Quicken Click on Quicken Setup or quicken.exe
- Allow License Agreement
- Click on Next
- Now select Installation Location
- Select Change Install location…
- Now change the name to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken1
- Click on OK
Step 2: Change the Permission
Windows 10 and 8
- Click on File Explorer and right-click on C:\
- Select Properties
- Choose Security tab
- Click on Administrator
- Choose to allow Full Control (if it is disabled)
- Under the group and usernames, click on SYSTEM
- Allow Full Control
- Click on Advances >> Change Permission
- Ensure that you Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this project
- Click Apply to save the changes
- Click OK
- Go to Windows Explorer
- Right-click on C:\
- Select the Properties and Security tab
- Click on Administrator
- Check Full Control
- Now go to the Owner tab
- Click Edit
- Now select Administrators
- Next tick on “Replace owner on sub containers and objects”
- Apply changes and click OK
- Again right-click on C:\
- Click on Properties
- Select the Security Tab under ProgramData Properties and click Advanced
- Click on Permission >> Edit
- Ensure that the System and Administrators’ permission is Full Control
- If they are not in Full Control then click on Edit to make them Full Control
- Select Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants along with the inheritable permission from this object
- Now click on Apply >> OK
Step 3: Correct Permission from Command Prompt
- Press the Windows Key and R on the keyboard simultaneously
- Now type CMD in the Run window
- Select OK
- In the Command Prompt window enter this code- icacls “c:\ProgramData” /T /C /grant administrators: F
- Now click Enter
The above steps will surely solve the error 1310 or 1303 that you are having in Quickens. Hence, after performing such steps try to install Quicken if the problem gets fixed then it’s great. But if not then you contact the experts through Quicken support number. This will help you to get the expert technicians’ instant help.