Quicken error code 1603 during quicken installation mainly comes up when you are not able to install Quicken for windows correctly. If you are experiencing issues while using Quicken after a patch release, then there is possibility that Quicken is not properly installed on your computer. To resolve this issue, we suggest you to use QcleanUI utility. By using this tool, you can easily reinstall Quicken on your system and be able to resolve Quicken install error 1603.
One thing you need to keep in mind that the QcleanUI is primarily used for correcting installation or patching issues only. This should not be used for fixing data issues or password like Quicken ID password, vault password. Furthermore, if you want to fix this error quickly, simply follow the below mentioned steps.
Measures to fix Quicken error code 1603:
Download and Run QCleanUI:
- Firstly, you need to backup your Quicken data (for safety measures). In any case, if you are not able to open Quicken, then you can skip this step and continue with further steps.
- From the control panel of your computer simply uninstall the Quicken.
- After that, right-click on your desktop and select new folder to create a new folder on your desktop
- Now, save QcleanUI.exe and MSICLEAN.exe both in the new folder.
- Double-click on QcleanUI.exe and choose clean all versions and to confirm that step click clean.
- This QcleanUI process will take several minutes to finish its task.
- When finished, an error message will highlight below. You need to completely disregard this error and continue with the process.
- At last, to close the QcleanUI simply select Quit.
Renaming Quicken shared folders:
- For this, you need to show hidden files and folders. Usually, some of the folders do not appear even after selecting the show hidden files and folders option. In that condition, you need to follow the below mentioned steps and rename the folders which appear.
- Right-click on the Quicken folder that is present in your installed file folder or drive, choose rename and give the folder a different unique name and then press enter.
- Repeat this step to change the folder name for each user on your computer.
- In the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folder, you may also see Quicken installation folder.
- Simply right-click on the Quicken installation folder. Select rename, give the folder a different unique name and then press enter.
- Now, restart your computer and install Quicken software again.
After successfully installing Quicken, you see the prompted get started option to use your Quicken easily. Take Quicken Online Backup on your new Quicken software to safe your data for further loss. For this, you need to manually open it by selecting open a file located on this computer and locating your data file. You can also get help from experts to fix quicken error code 1603 .