Quicken error code 1618 is very common to occur in any of your Quicken files. When the files of the Windows system or program file got infected due to the virus or any internet threat, this gives birth to 1618 error in Quicken. As the growing demand for technology in people’s daily life, especially with online transactions is growing. Today, we all need that technology which can give a great experience. Quicken has proved to be the one such software to assist people in there all finance-related chores. It makes tracking your budget, makes the task easy and gives hassle-free service.
If you are facing the issue, don’t worry because here in this article you will get the complete information about the 1618 error.
Causes of Quicken Error Code 1618
In order to resolve the error, first, you should aware of its causes before knowing about the solutions. Therefore, read the reasons that cause this error in Quicken.
- When the Windows system or the program files that are Quicken relate got corrupted.
- Due to viruses or malware attacks, this error may affect quicken.
- If the quicken installation or update was incomplete.
- When quicken was downloaded from a retailer site that is already corrupted.
- Maybe some recent quicken software-related changes have corrupted the Windows registry.
- If quicken related file mistakenly or maliciously deleted.
Now you are well aware of the causes of the error 1618, if you find the error you may check the possible situations mentioned above. If you find the fix reason because of which the error has occurred in the system, then try to resolve accordingly. After knowing about the reasons, now you can proceed further to know the solutions.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Error 1618 in Quicken
By employing the below methods in your Quicken software, you can easily get rid of this daunting error. Therefore, we advise you to follow the below troubleshooting methods:
Method 1: Close incompatible programs
Whenever you get the run time error issue, always remember that it is happening because of the conflict between the programs. Therefore, to solve such error, the first thing you should do is- stop such programs.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del simultaneously to open the Task Manager.
- It will show you the list of the tasks running currently.
- Then go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one highlighting each.
- Click on the End Program button.
- Now check if the error appears again each time you stop a process.
Once, you get to know which program is causing the error, then you can proceed with the next method.
Method 2: Update or reinstall conflicting programs
Using the Control Panel method:
- For Windows 7: Click on Start >> Control Panel, then choose the Uninstall program.
- For Windows 8: Click on Start >> Control Panel and then choose the Uninstall program.
- And for Windows 10: Type Control Panel in the search box, click on the result and choose to Uninstall a program.
- In the Programs and Features window, click on the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you go with the update option, you will need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task. Or if you choose to uninstall then you need to uninstall first and then re-download the application.
Using other methods:
- For Windows 7, you will find the list of all installed programs, click Start and scroll your mouse over the list. You may see on that utility list for uninstalling the program. Now go ahead and uninstall using utilities available.
- For Windows 10, click on Start and then choose Settings >> Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed on your computer.
- Select the Program which is causing the problem, then you may choose to uninstall it.
- Or you can click on the Advanced options to reset the application.
Method 3: Update your Virus protection program
Some time due to virus protection software, Quicken stops working as it creates a barrier between. Therefore, updating or installing the latest Windows version can help in solving the error.
Virus infection causing run time error on your computer must immediately be barred, quarantined or deleted. Ensure that you update your virus software and thoroughly run it to scan all the files and software. So that the damage caused due to viruses can be cured.
Method 4: Re-install Runtime Libraries
Maybe your Quicken is getting an error due to an update, such as the MS Visual C++ package which might not be installed properly. In such a case, you should uninstall it first and then install the fresh copy properly. Follow the below steps to complete the task:
- Go to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on the top of the list, and when it is done, you need to reboot the computer.
Once the reboot process is completed, check if your Quicken is free from the Quicken error code 1618 or not. If still, the error persists, then you can try taking help from the experts. Quicken techniques are well aware of the error and the steps of how they can be solved.