Quicken, being a hands-free money management software tool, there are few annoying technical glitches too that can be confronted anytime when using Quicken Online Services. Including all Quicken errors, Quicken Error Ol-226-A is the one most common error usually occurs when your Quicken is unable to read the bank’s information during its transmission. You are not only the culprit who faces this error but there are many users have complaint about this problem and also asked for the solution to our technical team. That’s why; we have taken decision to cater all the desired information through our blog-post. So, by sitting at your home, you can make the issue fix completely from the root and hence can access Quicken with no hassle. Let’s read the blog without wasting your precious time!
Reasons for Quicken Error Ol-226-A Appearance
Before attempting its resolution process, you find need to know why it happens generally. So, in the below-given list you will come to know about its causes due to which you confront this. Catch a glimpse of following points:
- Due to some internal error while installing the software
- When you upgrade the software, it might cause change in Windows registry file
- Due to virus or malware attack on system the Quicken Error Ol-226-A happens
- If any programs are mistakenly deleted or missing in the Quicken files
These are the root causes for showing Quicken Error Ol-226-A.
Effective Ways To Sort Out Quicken Error Ol-226-A
Here are the following 5-possible solutions which will take you easily get rid of Quicken Error Ol-226-A. Therefore, in spite of wandering here and there, start walking through-out step-wise on the underneath provided remedies:
Solution 1: Make Sure Quicken Is Up-to-date
If your Quicken application is outdated or not running with the latest release, then you may get Quicken Error Ol-226-A while using your Quicken Online Services. Therefore, first ensure that Quicken is updated. Here are the steps to check it out and further make it update if it is running with the outdated:
- Open Quicken
- Go to “Help” menu and then click on “Check for Updates” button
- Tap “Yes” if any update is available. By doing this, your Quicken will automatically get updated in a quick
- In case, it is already updated, then simply give a click on “OK” tab
- Try to update the accounts now
If the Quicken Error Ol-226-A still exists, proceed with next solution.
Solution 2: Click on the Account in Which You Receive Quicken Error Ol-226-A
Go through the instructions exactly in the same manner without skipping a single step:
- First, open Quicken
- Go to “Tools” menu and then “One Step Update” Summary
- Check every account with the Quicken Error Ol-226-A
- Write-down the account name along with such a specific Quicken error on text application like Notepad, WordPad
- Go to each of the accounts separately which are presented with this OL error and Click on the gear icon at the right-hand side
- Click “Update Now” to make the account update or else you can just press the keys “Ctrl+Alt+U” from keyboard
If this solution is helpful in terminating Quicken Error Ol-226-A, then it is great! But, if the same problem yet persists, jump to the next solution.
Solution 3: Deactivate/Reactivate The Account Causing Quicken Error Ol-226-A
The account which has having Quicken Error Ol-226-A, then in order to eliminate this more efficiently you are required to first deactivate that particular account and then reactivate it. Here is the procedure you can go through:
- Go to “Tools” > Account List
- Click on “Edit” with the account which has this specific error issue
- Click on “Online Services” tab and then tap “Deactivated”
- Now, click “Yes” to confirm
- And then tap OK and Done
Some additional steps you need to go through to ensure there is no error issue in Quicken Data File:
- Go to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair…
- Make a check on “Validate file” and then hit OK
- The validation process will begin. Depending on your file size the time will be taken to validate
- Once validation completed a DATA_LOG notepad show you the status of the file which informs you whether the file is working fine or has an error issue. Contact to technical support team if any errors are found into the Quicken log file, otherwise proceed ahead for resolution.
- Go to Tools > Account List or else directly open the Account List option by pressing the Ctrl + A keys at the same time
- Click on “Edit” with the account which is facing Quicken Error Ol-226-A
- After that Click on “Online Services” tab
- Click on “Set up Now…”
- Type the correct login credentials of your financial institution
- Click “Connect”
- In the process of reactivating the account Quicken will pull up your account information
- Make sure to LINK your account instead of adding it again
- Once account has connected, try to update the account from the register manually
Check whether the solution resolved or still existing. Proceed further!
Solution 4: Uninstall & Reinstall Quicken
To do such thing without putting any effort, go through the following steps:
- Press “Windows+R” keys simultaneously from Keyboard or give a right-click on the “Start” button and select “Run”
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the search box and hit “Enter”
- “Program and Features” window will open-up in the next and then look for Quicken
- Make a single click on “Quicken”
- Click the “Uninstall” button from top menu
- Now follow on-screen prompted instruction to uninstall the Quicken Software
- Once you have successfully uninstalled Quicken, reinstall it back on the computer via CD or directly from Quicken Website
Solution 5: Wait 24-48 Business Hours
If you still come across Quicken Error Ol-226-A, then wait for a day or couple of days as the website of financial institution might be going under-construction. So, just wait 24-48 business hours and then try again using your online services. Maybe this time it works fine!
Dial Helpline Number Anytime Anywhere For More Info
Contact to our Quicken Support team via helpline number to learn the effectual guides for troubleshooting the Quicken error code OL-226-A.