How To Troubleshoot Quicken Error 500 Or Quicken OFX Error 500?
Quicken OFX Error 500 is a kind of runtime error that takes place when Quicken software crashes. Once it occurs, you will come across a frustrating notification on your computer screen. However, the process to sort such an error is quite easy and less tricky. All you need to do is to implement the given instructions appropriately and you will be able to find out a feasible solution with an optimum-ease.
Possible Reasons For Quicken Error 500 Or Quicken OFX Error 500:
Here are some common reasons behind the occurrence of the Quicken Error 500 Or Quicken OFX Error 500 that you suffer while using Quicken. Check-out the list noted below:
- You are using corrupted Quicken-related program files.
- Incomplete or incorrect installation of Quicken software.
- Availability of the Virus or malware infection in Windows system files.
- Accidentally deleted Quicken-related files.
- And many more…
To get rid of such Quicken Error 500 or Quicken OFX Error 500, you should first determine the root cause that affected it. After finding it out, you need to start with the fundamental measures to fix your errors soon. In this guide, you will learn!
Basic Troubleshooting Instructions To Implement
- Make sure, your internet connection is working uninterruptedly.
- Ensure your Windows operating system is up-to-date.
- Free space is available in the PC’s hard drive.
- Uninstall Firewall, Antivirus, and other security software from your computer system.
Nevertheless, if you still come across the same error even after implementing these troubleshooting instructions, you have to opt for some advanced troubleshooting methods to resolve Quicken OFX Error 500 permanently.
Also Read: How to Fix Quicken Error OL-221-B?
Method 1: Find Out If Any Conflicting Program Is Running
The very beginning step you should take for eliminating Quicken OFX Error 500 is to check whether another program is interfering while Quicken is running on the system. Here is how to detect and close that interrupted program:
- First of all, you need to press the Ctrl-Alt-Del simultaneously to open the ‘Task Manager’ on your computer system.
- Here, you will come across the list of active programs, and then you should move to the ‘Processes’ tab.
- After that, you have to click on the ‘End Process’ option by highlighting each program one by one.
- In this way, you will come to know the program playing the leading role behind the arrival of the errors.
- Lastly, you need to consider uninstalling and then reinstall Quicken. Also, you need to check if the same error is still taking place.
Method 2: Uninstall And Then Re-Install Graphics Driver
- Firstly, you need to open your Device Manager on your computer system.
- Next, you have to find out the graphics driver and then click the ‘Uninstall’ option by right-clicking the video card driver.
- Once done, give a restart to your computer and then you have to reinstall the latest version of the graphics drivers.
Method 3: Free Up Space By Running A Disk Cleanup
- On your very first step, you have to back up your files and then consider clearing out the cache.
- Hereafter, you should reboot your computer system and run a Disk Cleanup.
- For that, you have to open your explorer window.
- Find out the main directory and right-click on it to open the ‘Properties’ section.
- Moreover, you should click the ‘Disk Cleanup’ option and start freeing up space in your hard drive.
Contact Our Tech Specialists If the Quicken Error 500 Still Occurs
Hope you got the one-stop remedy to Quicken OFX Error 500 when you go through the above-instructed methodologies. Besides, you don’t need to worry if the afore-mentioned troubleshooting guidelines are not capable of solving such an error code from Quicken. In such a critical situation, you are suggested to contact our adept professionals who will surely help you out. Here, one of our top-most talented technicians will provide you the required guidance through which you can fix it out from the root also in less time of interval.