Quicken being the evergreen financial management tool utilized to manage all the small and medium-size business in a cost-effective manner. But sometimes when you open this application on your Windows or Mac OS, you may encounter the runtime error named Quicken Error OL-221-B. This usually happens, when the software crashes or multiple applications running in the background. Finding the real causes for its appearance is necessary before implementing the solutions. Though there are several different fixing methods in order to cope with this problematic error. We have compiled in this post all those possible troubleshooting guides. So, without wasting your time keep your eyes feast over the post!
Symptoms of Quicken Error OL-221-B
If you are experiencing any of these mentioned signs, it means your Quicken has encountered Quicken Error OL-221-A, OL-221-B and hence you can’t access your Quicken Software until you solve this problem:
- Your active program window crashes if the Quicken Error OL-221-B occurs
- Your PC frequently crashes when the same program is running on Windows
- Windows gives a sluggish response
- Your PC gets freeze for couple of second
Although, the error message ‘Error OL-221-B’ pops-up during program installation. The piece of information given here will be fruitful in troubleshooting such a problem. So, let’s read it out!
Common Factor of Quicken Error OL-221-B
The list of possible reasons for the occurrence of Quicken Error OL-221-B is noted underneath:
- It happens mostly because of incomplete installation of Quicken software.
- In case the Quicken related files mistakenly be deleted, then also the same error code arises.
- Due to the corruption of Windows registry.
- When Windows system files or Quicken-related program files are infected with malware and virus threats.
- If the incompatible programs running on Windows
Solutions to Fix Quicken Error OL-221-B
Let me introduce here the effective troubleshooting techniques in a way to Fix Quicken Error OL-221-B. Go through them accordingly:
Solution 1: Close Conflicting Programs
When you get a runtime Quicken Error OL-221-B, then it might be possible that couple of programs are conflicting with each other. The very beginning step you have to take to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs as soon as possible. Here is what you should do for this:
- First, you have to open Task Manager by hitting on Ctrl-Alt-Del keys simultaneously. Doing this will display the list of programs currently running.
- Thereafter, go to the Processes tab and then click on stop the programs apparently. With this, tap the “End Process” button.
Now, observe if yet the Quicken Error OL-221-B persists while opening Quicken. Move to the next solution method if still it is showing.
Solution 2: Update/Reinstall Conflicting Programs
Guidelines for updating or reinstallation of conflicting programs are mentioned beneath:
- For Windows 7, click “Start” tab, go to “Control panel”, Uninstall a program.
- Windows 8, click the Start, then scroll down to select “More Settings”, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, enter Control Panel on the search box and tap the option, then click Uninstall a program
- Once the Programs and Features section open click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you chose to update, then you have to follow the prompts till the end to complete the process. But in case if you chose to Uninstall, just go through the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program and work freely without any obstruction.
Solution 3: Update Antivirus Software Or Install The Latest Windows Update
If the running program is infected with viruses or other threats, then at that point of time it causes the runtime error on your computer must immediately have to prevent from your system so that Quicken application will swiftly open on Windows. Make sure you update your antivirus and run a thorough scan of your PC so that it detects the virus and delete instantly.
Connect With Tech-Specialists If Quicken Error OL-221-B Unsolved
Don’t get frustrated if you are unable to eradicate Quicken Error OL-221-B even though seriously performing the above instructed solutions one after another. There are tech-geeks who can intelligently handle this situation and give you the best solution at your doorstep. Simply put a ring at Quicken support number and stay tuned!