How To Resolve Quicken Error CC-505?
When you attempt to update your Quicken account using the online services, you can confront Quicken Error CC-505. Such an error is the most common fatal error usually arising when your bank website is not able to download the new transactions. In that condition, you are advisable to simply wait for 24-48 hours and thereafter try again updating your account. This time maybe the current transactions start downloading. If you yet face the same problem, continue reading the post. In this guide, we discuss the real causes and quick-fixing methods.
Quicken Error Cc-505 Can Be Caused by Any of the Following:
- Temporary bank server down problem
- The Bank website is most probably unavailable
- Communication error from bank can also trigger Quicken Error Cc-505
- Most probably the Quicken is not up-to-date
- Corrupt Quicken File
Luckily there is a productive solution to this Quicken Error Cc-505 issue. Learn here!
The Required Things Have To Perform Before Fixing
You need to perform some basic things before starting to fix the Quicken Error Cc-505. Here are:
- Make a Backup of The Quicken Data: Our always recommendation to you all is to backup the Quicken file before taking any steps to solve the issue. It is just because whenever there is a fall back in between the process, you can recover the data file again. Hence, it is clear that no data will be lost at any cost once you have a backup of your data. To create a backup, you need to go through the following steps:
- Launch Quicken on Windows
- Go to Backup & Restore > Back up Quicken File …
- Now click on the “backup” option. The Quicken file will be backed-up in couple of minutes.
- Update Quicken to The Latest Version: Here is what you are suggested to do this
- Open Quicken
- Go to “Help” section and then select check for updates
- If an update is available to install, click “Yes” to confirm and install it.
Now you are completely free to take a step ahead that is to Resolve Quicken Error Cc-505. Let’s begin!
Different Methods to Resolve Quicken Error Cc-505
As per our technical skill and knowledge, we have compiled here various different effectual methods to fix Quicken Error Cc-505. Give it try to them all one-after-another unless the error is not solved. Here we go:
Method 1: Refresh Online Account Details
If the Online account information is not refreshed, then also chances are high for occurrence of Quicken Error Cc-505. Hence refresh your bank details using following instructions:
- Go to the Account tab from the account bar
- Next you have to give a click on the gear icon with a drop-down menu from top-right
- Now, click “Update Now” tab or press “Ctrl + Alt + U” altogether
- In the next step, you will be asked to enter your bank password.
- Once you have entered the password correctly for your Financial Institution place single tap on “Update Now” button
- If an account does update, do the same for other ones that are having the same problem.
If no outcome, jump to the next solving guide.
Method 2: Wait For 24-48 Business Hours
If you are still receiving the Quicken Error Cc-505 during Quicken updates, then this time you have to wait for at least a couple of business days, i.e., 24-48 hours. However, some specific time has to be taken in a way to implement the changes on the bank’s server or website. You can try to update the account after completion of 24-48 hours. If the same problem yet persists, try another method noted underneath. We although do not suggest anyone to deactivate and reactivate the Quicken account as this error generally occurs for a temporary period. But even after waiting too long the problem is not resolved and unfortunately having no other option in hand to fix the issue, thereafter you can try reactivating your account. In the next method it shows you how!
Method 3: Deactivate and Reactivate Quicken
Simply go through the below-mentioned steps accordingly in order to quickly and proficiently deactivate and reactivate the account. Let’s start following:
1- Deactivate Quicken Account
- Launch Quicken first
- Now, navigate to Tools > List of Accounts (Ctrl + A)
- Next, give a click on the “Edit” tab to the account which is actually causing the problem.
- Then, select the “Online Services” tab
- Click “Disable”
- Tap “Yes” to confirm
- Then press “OK” and “Done” to end-up the process
2- Reactivating Quicken Account
- Open Quicken first
- Go to the Tools section and then click “Add an Account” tab.
- Now, select the type of account like a check, saving, etc.
- Give a click on “Advanced Setup” tab from the lower-left corner
- Thereafter write the name of your bank / financial institution
- Press “Next” button
- Opt for an appropriate connection method and then click Next
- Now enter the username and password of your bank account
- Next, click “Connect” tab
- Quicken will then start searching your bank account
- Once you are able to view the list of your accounts, it’s the correct time to reactivate the account
- Instead of reconnecting the accounts, you’ll need to link it to an existing account in Quicken
- At the end of this section, press “Next” and “Finish”
Once you properly complete the above written procedure, the Quicken account will surely be reactivated in a minimal time.
Contact Us at Helpline Number For Additional Help & Support
Not satisfied with the aforementioned instructed guidance for exterminating Quicken Error CC-505? Looking for lending an instant hand from well-qualified tech-geeks? If it is so, then without any hesitation give a ring at 24/7 accessible online contact number. You will be helped without any delay.