Quicken is the one leading software purposely being accessed for acquiring instant personal financing solutions. With its upgraded features, one can very effectively manage his/her business accounting and other financial transactions without making any effort. But many times due to corrupt download or incomplete installation of Quicken software, one can come across numerous problematic hurdles. One common error code that generally occurs when running Quicken in the Windows system is Quicken Error Code 7214. It is a critical error also known as a runtime error. Luckily, it is easy to fix but somehow need strong technical knowledge. If you are not competent enough to deal with this problem, simply walk through the post. In this guide, you will learn the relevant fixing information about the runtime error code 7214. Hence, take a glance!
Symptoms of Quicken Error Code 7214
In most cases, runtime errors suddenly appear without throwing any warning message. However, Error Code 7214 can come up on the screen anytime when Quicken is running. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can be shown again and again if they are not addressed earlier. Some unwanted activities will be happening when you use Quicken on your Windows desktop. Check-out the sign which informs you that there is something that went wrong with your Quicken. Give a look at below:
- There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing
- You will receive a message saying “The Error 7214: We are sorry for the inconvenience”
Reasons For The Appearance Of Quicken Error Code 7214
We are giving the list of possible causes because of which you can encounter Quicken Error Code 7214. Give a look at the below-noted points:
- Virus infection
- Inappropriate installation of Quicken
- Incomplete downloading of Quicken software
- Poor graphics driver
- Incompatible programs running at the same time
Methods To Rectify Quicken Error Code 7214
Such a runtime error may be infuriating, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fixed, easy repairs are available. The quick ways to remedy the Quicken Error 7214 mentioned underneath:
Method 1: Close Conflicting Programs
The runtime error is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other. The very beginning step you require to take is for sorting the problem out is to cancel all these conflicting programs soon. Here is how to do the same:
- Open “Task Manager” by pressing the “Ctrl-Alt-Del” keys simultaneously. Doing this the list of programs currently running will be displayed on the screen
- Go to the “Processes” tab, close the programs one by one apparently by highlighting each program and then give a click on the “End Process” tab at the bottom
You will then have to examine after making cancellation of the programs that the Quicken Error Code 7214 yet persists. If it reoccurs, go ahead with the next troubleshooting method.
Method 2: Update/Reinstall Conflicting Programs
To update or reinstall the programs that conflicts, go through the following instructions:
- For Windows 7, click the “Start” button, then go to the Control panel tab, then click on Uninstall a program
- Now, For Windows 8, click the Start button, then scroll down to reach the option “More Settings”, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program
- For Windows 10, simply type “Control Panel” into the Windows search box and click the result, then tap “Uninstall a program”
- Now, go to “Programs and Features” section, click the program that you want to update or uninstall
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however, if you chose to Uninstall, follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall and then re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program correctly.
If this also doesn’t help you to resolve Quicken Error Code 7214, move to the next fixing method.
Method 3: Update Your Antivirus Program
The system has infected with viruses could cause runtime errors. So, make sure you update your antivirus program to prevent, delete, or quarantine the viruses. Once your computer gets free from viruses, you won’t again encounter Quicken Error Code 7214.
Also read: How to Move Quicken to New Computer?
Contact Tech-Support Team For Instant Solving Guide
If these quick fixes do not impactful for solving Quicken Error Code 7214, don’t be sad! There are experienced tech-geeks for your better help. You only need to place a single call at the helpline number and stay in touch with them. Such an error code will definitely be dissolved in the blink of an eye.