If you want to keep your data safe and secure from intruders, then you should create a backup file so that whatever is stored in your Quicken account, it is completely safe. Quicken automatically saves the data that you have entered in the file on which you have been working. However, you may want to save a backup copy regularly on a CD, DVD, or a flash drive. This is a way to safeguard your records in case your computer failure or you are moving your data from one computer to another.
Please note that a Quicken Data File has the extension “.QDF”. You will find two options for restoring your data. One is to create the backup in Quicken for Windows and another one is to use a USB thumb drive, CD or DVD. The option is in your hand, you can go with any of these two. The entire procedure of both options is mentioned in this blog, you only have to read out this blog carefully and follow them.
Steps To Take Backup Of Quicken Data
We have mentioned the required information over here. So, stick your eyes on the below-noted points, you will get your answer for sure:
Create Backup In Quicken For Windows
- To do so, firstly select File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File…
- Now, you will get two options for backing up your data. First one is by using “Dropbox” and another one is by using “External Drive”
- To identify your latest backup, you can put a check next to “Add date to the backup file name”
- Quicken will display the location of your saved backup file
- Now, click “Back up Now”
- After doing so, the entire data of yours will be saved in Windows and then you can use them further as per your need.
Take Backup With Using CD, DVD, Or Flash Drive.
- Insert the CD/DVD in your computer or else attach the flash drive you want to use for your backup
- Now, open Quicken
- Select the “File > Backup or Restore > Backup Quicken File”
- Select “Backup on my computer”
- You can click on the “Change” button to choose the location where you would like to save your backup
- Now, click the “Back up Now” to start the backup process
Have you followed-up all these above procedures in a proper manner? Are you still unable to do the same thing on your own? Don’t you know what to do so that you can easily take back up of your file or data? If really so, then give a ring on our Quicken support phone number where your call will be entertained by our deft engineers. They will guide you all the steps in an easy manner so that you can create back up within a minute.